iKNiTO Enterprise is state of the art digital library for site wide implementation. It enables a university or any institutional library to offer online resources to its members wherever they might be, day and night.
iKNiTO Enterprise is a browser based product which means that it runs on all types of desktop computers, laptops, tablets and even smart phones. However we do recommend iKNiTO Handheld as a specially designed product for use with your tablets.
iKNiTO Enterprise uses some very advanced technologies to create a very simple and reliable platform. We use Single Sign On, Advanced Browsing, Web Scale Discovery, and Link technologies to enhance your scientific research.
- Single Sign On (SSO) is the latest technology that permits you to login to all iKNiTO Enterprise resources with one User Name and Password. With SSO you could login to iKNiTO Enterprise anywhere, anytime even outside of university or institute should you be affiliated to one. We use an advanced authentication service to secure your account against abuse. No need to multiple user names and passwords to login to various publishers’ websites.
- Advanced Browsing enables you to find invaluable titles (best databases, high ranked journals, awarded books, and best references) between thousands of titles quickly. No need to spend a great deal of your time to find most relevant titles. We monitor H-Index, Impact Factor™ from Thomson Reuters , reviews and national and international awards in evaluation of iKNiTO Enterprise titles.
- Web Scale Discovery (WSD) is the new generation of Federated Search. WSD enables you to search your favorite keywords between 1 Billion academic records via discovery simple search box, and then you will receive all related results in less than one second!!! WSD indexes more than 1000 databases, such as Elsevier ScienceDirect, SpringerLink, Wiley Online Library, Taylor & Francis, Routledge, IEEE Xplore, OUP, CUP, CRC, Emerald, Nature, Science, ProQuest, Ebsco, … daily to ensure, you will not miss any single record.
- Link Technology helps us to connect you from abstracts and citations to full text articles or book chapters available in iKNiTO Enterprise collections. We use open URL technology to guide you to the full texts simple and direct. iKNiTO Enterprise uses 360 Link© and CrossRef© technology which make it the most accurate and update link service in the world.
- Research Management enables users to create personal databases and use them for a variety of research activities. References are quickly and easily imported from text files or online databases. The databases can then be used to manage, store, and share the information. Users can automatically insert references from their database into their papers and generate formatted bibliographies and manuscripts (Scientific articles or special reports).
iKNiTO Enterprise offers some key facilities for librarians and decision makers. Prominent ones are administration and reporting functions. iKNiTO Enterprise has a wide range of library management tools which enable librarians to authorize their users, customize their library appearance, build customized and subject based libraries, integrate other applications and resources from within their institute and beyond, and many more. iKNiTO Enterprise used the latest in software development and as a result provides a large number of possibilities for librarians who are seeking to promote their digital library and increase their usage.