Librarians would like to make proper decisions about extension of subscription to electronic resources of their library. iKNiTO helps them to answer the following questions which are essential for extending the terms of subscription to current resources or selecting new and alternative ones:
- Have users accessed current resources adequately?
- Considering amounts paid for each resource, has it been cost effective?
- Based to rate of utilization by different faculties or departments, is it cost effective to invest in new resources such as e-books or Journals’ backfiles? To achieve the most favorable economical results and a proper return of investment, where must one invest? In which subjects and which sections of university or organization?
iKNiTO helps library managers and information specialists to easily manage and supervise nature, quantity, and quality of access to resources and to promote them efficiently by answering questions such as these:
- Which electronic resource is more suitable and economical for my professors and researchers?
- Which shortcuts help in gaining easy access to resources and thereby increase their use?
- What is the fastest way to introduce new online resources to researchers?
- What is the simplest way to use electronic resources without giving complicated trainings to users?
- Is there a quick way to evaluate the purchased resources and to compare them with each other?