Notion Wave is Registered Service Provider of Dspace.
iKNiTO Space is powered by Dspace which is the software of choice for academic, non-profit, and commercial organizations building open digital repositories. It is easy to install and completely customizable to fit the needs of any organization.
iKNiTO Space preserves and enables easy and open access to all types of digital content including text, images, moving images, mpegs and data sets.
- It captures your data in any format in text, video, audio, and data.
- It stores your asset on a safe repository
- It indexes your work (Full Text), so users can search and retrieve your items.
- It distributes your information over the web.
- It preserves your digital work over the long term.
And with an ever-growing community of developers, committed to continuously expanding and improving the software.
iKNiTO Space “provides a way to manage your research materials and publications in a professionally maintained repository to give them greater visibility and accessibility over time.”
iKNiTO Space is completely customizable
iKNiTO Space can be customized in the following key ways to suit your needs:
- Customize or theme the user interface –You can fully customize the look and feel of your iKNiTO Space website so it will integrate seamlessly with your own institution’s website and can be more intuitive for your users. iKNiTO Space provides two main user interface options: the traditional (JSP-based) interface, and Manakin (XML-based) which provides various “themes” out of the box.
- Customize the metadata –Dublin Core is the default metadata format within the iKNiTO Space application. However you can add or change any field to customize it for you application. iKNiTO Space currently supports any non hierarchical, flat name space, although it is possible to ingest other hierarchical metadata schemas into iKNiTO Space such as MARC and MODS. This requires using tools such as crosswalk and having some technical capability to map the transfer of data.
- Configure Browse and Search –You can decide what fields you would like to display for browsing, such as author, title, date etc. on your iKNiTO Space website. You can also select any metadata fields you would like included in the search interface. All of the text within a given item and metadata associated with the item, are indexed for full text search if desired.
- Local authentication mechanisms –iKNiTO Space comes with plugins for most university authentication methods, including: LDAP (and hierarchical LDAP), Shibboleth, X.509, IP-based. In addition, iKNiTO Space comes with its own internal authentication method, or can be configured to use multiple authentication methods at once. You can also build your own authentication plugin if you use a custom authentication mechanism.
- Standards compatibility –iKNiTO Space complies with many standard protocols for access, ingest, and export. The standards iKNiTO Space supports include: OAI-PMH, OAI-ORE, SWORD, WebDAV, OpenSearch, OpenURL, RSS, ATOM.
- Configurable database –You can use PostgreSQL for the database where iKNiTO Space manages its metadata.
- Default language –The iKNiTO Space web application is available in over twenty languages includes Arabic. So if English is not your local language, you can customize the language which iKNiTO Space uses. You can also configure iKNiTO Space to support multiple languages, so that the language your user sees is the ‘preferred language’ set in their web browser.
All types of digital content
iKNiTO Space application can recognize and manage a large number of file format and mime types. Some of the most common file formats currently managed within the iKNiTO Space environment are:
Although out-of-the-box iKNiTO Space only auto-recognizes common file formats, files of any format can be managed by iKNiTO Space.
iKNiTO Space also provides a simple file format registry where you can register any unrecognized format, so that it can be identified in the future.
Top Reasons to Use iKNiTO Space:
- Fully integrates with iKNiTO Suite of products (iKNiTO Enterprise, iKNiTO Handheld, iKNiTO js, and iKNiTO cs)
- Powered by DSpace, the largest repository management tool
- Largest community of users and developers worldwide
- Completely customizable to fit your needs
- Manage and preserve all types of digital content: text, images, moving images, mpegs, datasets
- Used by educational, government, private and commercial institutions