iKNiTO cs is a comprehensive conference and scientific fair and gathering management system. It covers all steps and activities in such events. In general iKNiTO cs addresses both scientific and operational aspects. It has the following parts:
- Scope management, to disseminate information and awareness about the event, and call for papers.
- Submission management, by electronically accepting paper and abstract submissions.
- Evaluation management, by enabling referees to review and evaluate submissions.
- Scientific competition management
- Management of conference workshops
- Participants’ registration management
- Exhibition management
- Publication management for proceedings and reports of the events
iKNiTO cs recognizes 7 main roles:
- Author: Submits their proposals to the conference, and participates in the review and editing process.
- Reviewer: Provides peer-review of the submissions for the conference. They will recommend for or against the inclusion of the submission to the conference.
- Publisher: Publishes abstracts and original of approved submissions in the conference website.
- Referee: If there is a competition segment in the conference, the referee will be responsible for it. Alternatively they might referee submissions based on their scientific merits.
- Exhibition Manager: Manages all tasks related to the running of the exhibition.
- News Management: Manages all information related to the conference in its web site.
- Conference Manager: Oversees a conference site on the installation, including all of the user accounts for that site. The CM configures the conference site and sets up any of the individual conference sites. CM manages sponsors of the conference as well as all co existing activities such as exhibitions.