This is a unique total solution designed for national or regional organizations responsible for monitoring and evaluation of their scientific presses. It allows stakeholders to examine each of the scientific publications and rank based on
- Timely publication of each issue
- Indexing of the journal in major sites
- Publication website quality and standards
- Completeness of journal’s information in iKNiTO jval
iKNiTO jval recognizes 6 sets of roles:
- System Manager: Manages the system in terms of its web site, changes in publications information, addition or omission of publications, dissemination of emails to users, publication evaluation forms.
- Publication Manager: Each publication (journal) has a manager who enters the system by his/her username and password, and updates publications information.
- Work Group Specialist: All publications are categorized based on their subjects. Each subject will be associated with a Work Group and the Specialist of the Work Group is responsible for sending publications to referees for evaluation. He or she could also participate in the evaluation.
- Work Group Members: Review publications which are evaluated by the Specialist.
- Work Group Manager: Oversees evaluations of its members and either confirms or re-evaluates.
- Secretary to the Publications Commission: Either applies the evaluation of rankings given by others in above roles or returns to Work Groups for further examination.