iKNiTO is content neutral and does not provide any contents of its own. Institutes which acquire iKNiTO are responsible for online resources of their entity. However, should an institute require, iKNiTO and its supporting team can offer best suited contents based on various factors including of subjects of interest and ranks of resources. iKNiTO’s knowledge base has a very rich set of important information on each of the resources.
One of the most important phases in the life of a digital library is evaluation and selection of the best electronic resources. Librarians and collection managers have to deal with this topic when a library is established or a new program or project is introduced in their institute. What is more, they need to be able to re-evaluate all of these regularly and specially during annual renewals of subscriptions or budgeting for coming year.
iKNiTO’s knowledge base maintains up to date information about a large volume of reputable and ranked online resources such as databases, journals, books, dissertations, references, magazines, newspapers, images, videos, CME modules, training modules and procedures. Choosing the best journals, books, and other electronic resources for a digital library has a key role in the success of a library in answering its patrons’ needs. iKNiTO’s team of experts can assist institutes by examining their current situation and needs as well as the preferred or targeted situation and accordingly suggests the best electronic sources to the organization through the following phases:
- Analysis of past and present printed and online holding of your library, which provides you with a precise profile of materials currently available in the library (this is one of the most important indicators of your researchers’ needs).
- Thematic analysis and ratings of your current holdings, which will show quality of the resources available in your library.
- Analysis of fields of study and degrees awarded in your institute, as well as a full examination of research subjects and ongoing projects.
- Analysis of status of your network, in order to identify weak points and setbacks which will affect access to your content and suggestion of suitable solutions.
- Presentation of suitable resources for meeting information needs of your institute.